A coworker asked me the other day, why I am always so positive and optimistic even when it seems things at work are falling apart? It’s easy – I love my job. Because I love what I do I can see beyond a tough day or unexpected turn. Here are a few reasons why, in no particular order. I hope that some of these resonate with you:
1.The practice I work for genuinely cares about the patients who come to our office, and the staff who work hard to achieve great care and want the best experience for both. They are true to their values.
2. I love that I’m encouraged to try new things out and be innovative, and if it doesn’t work out I’m supported to learn lessons, dust myself off, and try again.
3. My boss acknowledges she is not the font of all knowledge; she values and respects my experience and the expertise I bring.
4. There is always something to laugh about every single day. Laughing is good for my soul and my psychological wellbeing.
5. It’s ok for me not to know everything, but boy am I learning so much so quickly.
6. The office is the kind of place where having a baby join us and makes everyone coo over him/her, lifting our spirits.
7. I love the people I work with. I work with some awesome, talented, funny, dedicated staff.
8. Every day is different challenging and exciting. No two days are the same
9. My opinion matters and so does everybody else’s, whatever level they are.
10. My job gives me the opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives and make a difference every day. I go home and I know I made a real difference.
11. I aspire to inspire people, and I am actually doing this.
12. I see people who come to our practice try to become the best versions of themselves. It is so rewarding to see this knowing that even if only indirectly, I have had a small part to play in that.
Ultimately, when I love my job, I invariably perform better. I not only love my job, but I am grateful, and thankful to have one.